Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Monday, February 13, 2017

Februrary 13 - Romerike

Hey everyone!

First, It was mother's day for Norway yesterday so happy Mother's day to the moms we know. Thank you for blessing our lives!

It was a good week! Definitely a positive learning week for me. Here are some of the highlights of the week!

So it snowed last week! so for Pday we grabbed some black garbage bags and went to a nearby hill and went sledding haha it was way fun! Other exciting news is that the sun is staying up longer now. It is rising earlier and setting later and so I'm grateful for that.

We also went on splits this week with the AP's. I was with Elder Mitchell who is from England. He is a solid guy. We had a lesson with --. It went well. She had several questions and concerns but it was cool because she even said herself that it will take time and patience for her to come to understand our message and find out if it is true. It is a little difficult for her to grasp everything because she has been studying in different bible classes and has learned some different things but she is willing and interested. She didn't make it to church this last week because of previous plans but she will be going to the relief society party this week with --, a recent convert!

Unfortunately, I got some food poisoning this week and it wrecked me so I was out of commission on Friday but then back on Saturday!

On Saturday, my birthday, we were able to help a wonderful member family here move. Several other men form the ward were there so it was fun to get to know some of them better. We also had an appointment with a Former investigator. It was a little funny because we were going to meet him in the city and find a place to meet. There isn't a library close and our church is far away so there aren't many options. We go to the cafes and they are all just packed and so he's like how about here and it happens to be an empty restaurant/bar. It was like 2 in the afternoon so it was empty thankfully. We just got some soda and talked. So the first time I've taught  the restoration in a bar and probably the last! Later in the day we knocked some doors in lillestrøm. We haven't spent to much time knocking doors here but we decided we would give it a try and it turned to be a good success! We knocked into a woman. Her brother passed away a couple years ago and happened to a be an active member here in the ward. She invited us back this week! And to finish off the day we got some awesome burgers at this local burger place. It is a new shop in the area. I feel like Norway is starting to step up their burgers.

As I said this week was definitely a learning one for me. One thing that is difficult for me is that I can worry about things that don't need to be worried about and can be anxious about things that are out of my control and these things more often than not can be burdonsome. Christ offers us the solution

27 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light
His invitation is for us to come unto him. One way is to have faith in Christ. As we strive to have faith, believe, and excersise our faith then our doubts and fears will be replaced with peace. This lesson goes in perfectly with the one we had in Church on Sunday from President Hinckley about devoloping a attitude of happiness and a spirit of Optimism. Our faith will be put into action and become a part of us as we strive to be positive, be loving, be forgiving, and by being grateful. I know the church is true.

Have a great week!


Elder Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment