Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Sunday, March 19, 2017

March 6 - Romerike

Hey Everyone!

Thanks for your love and support. It was a good week here. On Monday and Tuesday we were booked with appointments and we counted and had taught the plan of salvation 3 times within 24 hours. That was fun for us. One of the lessons was with the family we are teaching. They are a solid family. We got a message from the father that he had read already to 2nd Nephi. He is way into Biblical history and loves the idea of the book of mormon. They told us that they aren't looking to change churches but are interested in learning about our message. They show signs of preparation. And I just pray that things will work out. 

On Wednesday, we had district meeting with Hamar. It was on the christlike attributes of Faith and Humility, and then on introducing the book of mormon.  It was interesting to study Faith and humitlity together. I've come to recognize that christlike attributes are all related. Striving to obtain one will help us developed another. I like to think of Humility as the great catylyst. It is necessary to spritual progression. After that we went to Kløfta and tried some people there and then joined the Elders quorum for a ward activity in the evening.

The highlight of the week though was definitely being able to go to Hamar for splits. A small line of my ancestors come from the Hamar area. I took a train to Hamar Thursday evening to spend Friday there. While in Hamar, we stopped by the Vang church and also the old Kay farm (where my ancestors are from) The farm is now gone and is now instead a garden store. However the old farm house from the 1800's still stands but has just been built on and renovated. We stopped by the garden store and I was able to talk with to Kay family members, I explained my relation to the kays. i was able to get some good information about the kay farm and history of the Kays. They also told me that they will send me more information via email if they find anything out. It was just a really exciting experience. The spirit of Elijah is real.  

On Saturday, we tried back a potential who let us in and we were able to have a lesson. He invited us back in a couple weeks.. That was exciting. 

On Sunday, there was a special stake conference broadcast. It was broadcasted from Salt Lake and for the Stakes in Northern Europe. The speakers were Elder Clayton, Sister Reeves, Elder Dykes, and Elder ballard. It was a powerful conference with good messages from all of them. 

My thought for the week comes from when I was on Splits with Elder Dawes. He shared with me an experience he had before his mission when he and some friends read the book of mormon in a day 24 hours. They took turns reading, listening to audio recordings, and playing basketball to keep them awake and alive, but they were able to do it. He told me how it helped the scriptures come alive and he saw connections and themes that he hadnever recognized before. It reminded me of Elder Bednar's talk "A Reservoir of Living Water". Elder Bednar asks "Are you and I daily reading, studying, and searching the scriptures in a way that enables us to hold fast to the rod of iron—or are you and I merely clinging? Are you and I pressing forward toward the fountain of living waters—relying upon the word of God? These are important questions for each of us to ponder prayerfully." I know that as we make efforts to connect ourselves with the source of living Water, Christ our savior, that we will be happier and feel the spirit more abundently. 

Ha det bra!


Elder Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment