Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Thursday, August 20, 2015

MTC Week 2

Hallo Familie,

I love the MTC! I'm learning so much and everyday is a new adventure. I see people from Skyline everyday. It is so fun. The 14 Nords (people going to Norway) play a lot of volleyball and soccer for our gym time which is fun. 

My companion, Eldste Mcintire, is a stud. He went to Mountain View high school. He comes from a family of 12 kids and is the 5th oldest child. He did track and cross country in high school and loves running. I'm so grateful he is my companion and I know the Lord put us together for a reason. He is always there to listen to me when I learn something super awesome in my study session, or just if I need to talk. He loves studying the gospel too, so it's so fun to learn from each other. Some of His ancestors are from Norway in the Lofoten Islands. Probably some of the most pretty areas in Norway. They have one area there where missionaries serve. He is a good man.

So there are two districts going to Norway. One district has 8 elders and the district I'm in has 6 elders. I love having a small class because it really helps us learn and become closer. I love my district and they are all studs. We have what's call district devotional review after Tuesday night devotional. Everyone shared their thoughts and feelings and it was one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. We all have trials and challenges because that is one way the Lord teaches us especially in the MTC. "We receive no witness until after the trial of our faith." As we were sharing together our struggles, our successes, we were all overwhelmed with a feeling of hope, love and excitement to serve the people of Norway. We can do miracles with the Lord's help. Our district motto is, "komme tilbake til Ham" Which means to return to Him. God prepared a plan for us to return to him. We talked about how it is our job to help the people of Norway to build their relationship with God so they can return to their home, their mansions in Heaven. It was a powerful experience.

In the MTC, I have learned to love the Sabbath day even more. It truly is a day of rest. After a full week of studying, it is nice to slow down and reflect. On Sundays we have personal study time from breakfast to lunch. After lunch we have priesthood, then district meeting, then sacrament meeting, and then what's called the temple walk. After dinner, we have choir practice!!! I love choir. Music is so powerful especially when 1000 missionaries sing together.  After choir there is Sunday night devotional. This last Sunday's devotional was incredible. The Nashville tribute band came and put on a program/concert. It was a unique experience to have at the MTC. WE got to sing country gospel songs and have a good time. This band rights songs about Christ, the restoration, and missionary work. They are all LDS and super cool. As they shared the recount of Joseph Smith's experience of the first vision, it was powerful. 

So anyway the devotionals are the best! Tuesday night was Elder Echo Hawk of the 70. He is native American. He is a convert to the church and bore a powerful testimony of the miracles missionaries can have if they 1)faith in Jesus Christ and 2) are exactly obedient to the Lord. He said if the two missionaries who taught him didn't open their mouths he wouldn't be here today. 

On p-day, we get up do laundry and have breakfast. Then we go to gym time and play sports for an hour. After that we get ready for the day and go write our emails. Then we have lunch, and go to the temple after that. I love the temple. Then in the evening we get back to classroom time with our teachers. I love all my MTC teachers. There are 4 of them between the two districts and they all served their missions in Norway. 2 brothers and 2 sisters.

Spiritual thought: Be patient. I had a humbling experience learning that we have to be patient. Patient with ourselves and Importantly patient with the Lord's timing. He loves us and knows what is best for us. On LDS.org, I encourage you to read "Patience: More than waiting" by Hillary Olsen.The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's church. It is true. I love being a missionary. Thank you all for your love and support. I wouldn't be here without you. 

Ha det bra, 

Eldste Witt

Elder Witt and Elder McIntire (his companion)



Elder Witt's MTC District


No comments:

Post a Comment