Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Saturday, August 29, 2015

MTC Week 3

Wow, I can't believe I am already halfway done with my time here at the MTC. It has been a fabulous experience so far.

Unfortunately, I got a cold this last week but I am feeling better and almost 100%. Colds go around really fast here at the MTC.
So this week we started going to the gym they have here at the MTC. We have been playing some basketball which I have really liked. Norwegian is coming along nicely. Every week it gets better. We have 2 "investigators" we are teaching. They are both our teachers but with fake backgrounds and names. I really enjoy the role play teaching. It takes practice to become an effective teacher so I like how they give us so many opportunities to practice and learn. Our investigator, Eva, is progressing really well. We have taught her the restoration and have committed her to daily pray and scripture study. We also "invited her to come to church" and she went and loved it. Our last lesson with Eva was one of most meaningful experiences for me. I was able to explain repentance to her clearly and simply so She could understand. I could feel the Holy Ghost put words into my mind and it was amazing. Some of the Norwegian words I were saying were words I had only learned that morning. The Holy Ghost truly can bring things to our remembrance. Our second investigator is Ali, she is more hesitant and not so readily to accept everything we say. Our first lesson with her was preetty much us firing a hose of information at her. We weren't doing our best focusing on her and her needs. (good learning experience!) It is crucial that others understand the message. 

We had 2 more great devotionals this last week. On Sunday the speaker was Elder Steven B. Allen, He is the managing director of the Mission Department, and also an area 70 in SLC. His wife said something I really liked. She said, "Help is just a prayer away." I know that to be true. Heavenly Father loves us and through pray we can communicate with him. I love prayer. He talked about looking forward. Keep your perspective forward on your mission with an eye single to the Glory of God. He also talked about exact obedience. It was a heavy talk, serious talk, but very important. We must be obedient as missionaries. There is no room to relax. He shared many stories of missionaries who by one small mistake led to big mistakes that really hurt the church. It is crucial we live worthy of the Spirit, because the spirit confirms truth, comforts us, protects and warns us, guides us, and we should strive to have with us every day.  On Tuesday, the speaker was Elder corbridge of the 70. His wife also said something I really liked. "stay in the light and hold on tight." We must choose to never leave the church and hold on tight to the iron rod. He talked about what are your goals and what do you want to do as a missionary. He said we should all desire to bring forth "good fruit" or to have success. Get families to the temple and on the path to eternal life. The Savior teaches that we can only bring forth fruit if we abide in Him. We must follow our Savior and strive to be like Him. He said central to our teaching should be the Doctrine of Christ. Center  it on faith, repentance, baptism,and enduring to the end. There is no need of an investigator that can't be solved by the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Christ suffered for all of us personally and he knows each of us personally and by name. He loves us and can help us. 

I have decide to step up my Book of Mormon reading. We talked about the Book of Mormon in priesthood meeting on Sunday. I love the words of Joseph Smith in the introduction to the BofM. The book of Mormon is the most correct of any book and a man can get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts than by any other book. I know this is true. I have been studying about Captain Moroni, and Helaman's two thousand Stripling warriors. They are great stories. I  love when it says if everyone was like Moroni the very powers of Hell would shake. 

I love being a missionary. I know the Church is true. Jesus is the Christ. He lives and only through him can we have joy in this life and exaltation in the next life. Heaven Father is real. He love us. He hears our prayers and answers them but in His own due time. We have to be patient. That is something I struggle with but something I'm hoping to obtain. Charity never faileth. We can always be kind and say a kind word. That is also something I'm striving to be better at. True joy comes from when we lend a helping hand. Christ is the perfect example of Charity because Charity is the pure love of Christ. He performed the Atonement for us out of love.


Eldste Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment