Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Monday, October 12, 2015

Fredrikstad, Norway - 4th Week in Norway

Hey family! It was another great week here in Fredrikstad. I learned so much and had many awesome experiences.

We have a new investigator!! Her name is Nancy. My companion, and Elder Tennant are actually the ones who found her. It was Tuesday and we were on splits. She is really positive. She loves the Book of Mormon and kept the commitment we gave her to read Alma 32. She is trying to find God. It made me sooo happy to hear that she is reading the Book of Mormon and wants to read more. We have scheduled a visit with her tomorrow night. We are hoping to do it with a member family or a member. 

On Thursday, we had another district meeting. It was on humility and we had a really good discussion. I was in charge of the pump up. Which is a short thought or activity to get people pumped up for missionary work. I decided to share a Story that Grandpa and Grandma Ballif sent me a letter. It was a great story of how Grandma was able to help a family understand how amazing the Gospel is and how it can help us. Because of this new understanding they received the gospel and were baptized. I asked this question to the other missionaries. "Where would you be without the Gospel of Jesus Christ? Where would you be if the Restoration didn't happen? I love these questions because they help me refocus and remind me how blessed we are to have the Gospel in our Life. We are blessed to live now, where the fulness of the gospel is on the earth. Everything of value to me has come from my Loving Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. All the trials, experiences, and blessings I've received that have shaped me into who I am today are because of the reality of God and the Restoration of the Gospel. In my personal study I just finished reading 3rd and 4th Nephi and now I'm almost done with Mormon. These books always make me wonder how a righteous people could change to quickly to a wicked people. It highlights the pride cycle. In our district meeting the idea of gratitude came up that I really liked. When we are righteous we are blessed. It's how we receive the blessings that cause us to be humble or prideful. If we receive the blessings recognizing fully that they are from God and have gratitude for them then instead of continuing on the cycle to pride we skip back to the beginning where there is humility and righteousness. There are many more aspects of humility but that is one thing I liked. The idea of Gratitude. We are so blessed me must remember to be grateful.

On Friday, I went on companion exchanges with Elder Tennant. He is one transfer older than me. It was great! Our goal for the day was to open our mouth and not be scared because were are both so new. In our day we planned to visit a Less active family, the Mechams around 5. They are a busy family and said just stop by whenever you can. It was around 3 pm and we were just contacting and neither one of us were feeling super good about it. We stopped and found a quiet area and said a prayer asking for the lord's guidance. We both felt good about going to the Mechams early and just knocking on doors if we have extra time. So we went early, took the bus and went to the Mechams house. We were about to go to door and knock at the door when sister Mecham drove in the drive way. She just barely got home from work. They were an awesome family. We were able to stop by share a message and talk to them for a while. They gave us chicken wings and fries which was tasty. Sister Mecham and one of the sons ended up having to leave just before we left. It was a great experience. If we didn't stop, say that pray while contacting and decided to go to the Mechams home earlier we would have missed Sister Mecham and wouldn't have met the whole family. The Lord knows everything so we must rely on him and the guidance He gives us through the Holy Ghost.

On Saturday, We had a  meeting with the Ward missionary leader in Sarpsborg. As we were waiting for the bus, my companion took us to this grocery store called Meny. We bought all these fresh pastries that were soooo good!! I had this Caramel pecan gourmet muffin. We also were able to visit with a less active family that evening. The BrĂ¥then family. They were really nice. Our ward is having a big party on October 30 called the culturefest. We are hoping to invite as many people as possible. There is a chance I will be able to play the trumpet at that with one of the new converts here in the ward. He plays the guitar and loves jazz. I hope it works out so that I can. He said his daughter plays the trumpet and could lend me her trumpet.

On Sunday, we had fast Sunday. The testimony meeting was awesome. So many people bore their testimony. We also went to a members home for dinner with all the recent converts and all the missionaries. It was like family home evening and really fun.

I know God is our Loving heavenly father. He loves us so he Sent his Son Jesus Christ to the Earth. Only through Jesus Christ and His atonement we can return to our Heavenly Father.

Thanks for all your prayers and support. I love all of you and pray for all of you. Have a great week!! 

Elder Witt

Elder Witt cooking breakfast burritos 

Elder Witt in Gamlebyen

No comments:

Post a Comment