Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Monday, December 7, 2015

Tønsberg, Norway - 12th Week in Norway

Hey family! 

We did service for --- and --- this morning and then drove down to Larvik for a District P-day so I'm running short on time. We visited a beach called Mølen. Supposedly, there are ancient viking burials there. It was pretty cool.

First, I'm staying in Tønsberg! Wooo! I'm excited for that. The missionary work is picking up and I think there is a lot of potential here. Eldste Mckell is leaving and going to Haugesund. We are going to still have a trio here so Eldste Stephens is coming. He was also in my MTC group. It will be good. 

On Tuesday, we drove to Skien for district meeting. I always love going to District meeting. It is always so edifying and the other missionaries in my District are so great. In District meeting we talked about the new Christmas Initiative, A savior is born. The Church put out their new Christmas video and they want us to use it in our missionary work. I love the new film and it is something I love sharing with people. I know that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World. He is my savior and your Savior. Many people in the world don't know or understand that they have a Father in Heaven who knows them personally, that they have a savior who died for them and did it all out of love. It truly is glad tidings of great joy. I love the Christmas season and the opportunity we have to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. We also were able to visit --- and help move some couches in her house for her. Then we finished the day street contacting and tracting. That night, Elder Hall and Beck from Drammen came down for companion exchanges the next day and Elder Orr went up to Drammen.

On Wednesday, we had companion exchanges. I was with Elder Hall. He was in my MTC group also. It was a great day. We went to the ---'s house for breakfast and we did some scripture studying with them.  After that we went street contacting and taught a new investigator ---. Elder Mckell and I met him on the street. He had talked with the missionaries before but lost contact with them. We are hoping to meet with him again this upcoming week.

On Thursday, it was just Elder Mckell and I in Tønsberg. Elder Orr had a zone leader meeting in Oslo so he was gone for the day. We spent most of our day finding and tried visiting two inactive members. One was busy and one wasn't home. It was a great day. I have absolutely loved working with Elder Mckell. He is a hard worker and so kind.

On Friday, we started the day out with some street contacting and were able to visit ---, ---, and --- in the afternoon. We shared with them the Christmas message and it went really well. Every time we meet with ---, I become more and more impressed with him. You can tell that he loves his family and he is a really funny guy. That night one of the Sisters in the branch took us to a pizza restuarant for dinner. It was way good!

On Saturday, we visited this family that is Thai and the Dad is Norwegian. Elder Orr met him on the street and for the past several weeks we have been teaching His daughter Norwegian. It is a funny story, because when Elder Orr met the Man we thought he invited us over to teach his daughters IN norwegian but when we got there he wanted us to teach his daughters Norwegian. So we have been teaching her and we gave her a Book of Mormon in Thai and in Norwegian and we have been reading a chapter together everytime we visit so we will see where it goes. After that, we went over to the ---'s. It was Sister --- birthday so they had a big party. It was fun. 

On Sunday, we had a good day at Church. An inactive member showed up and there were more people at church than usual which was great. This inactive member who came invited us over later that day to visit him. it went really well. Sunday was the last day of my 2nd transfer and so I finished my first 12 weeks. I'm no longer considered a "greenie"!

We were able to find a lot of postive potential investigators this week in our finding so I'm feeling pretty optimistic about this upcoming week. Tomorrow, our day is packed and we have two lessons planned. One with --- who we met with a week ago, and another with a potential we met on the street. 

I love all of you and I'm grateful for your love and support. I know that Jesus is the Christ. He lives. Come unto Christ, trust in him, lean on him for strength, use the Atonement, partake of His love, and I promise you feel joy and peace. I've been studying the latest General Conference and I love it! Elder Lawrence's talk, "What lack I yet" really impressed me. Part of the purpose of Earth life is to learn, grow and progress. We must always make sure that we are focused on growing spiritually every day. He says, "He [Heavenly Father] rejoices every time we take a step forward. To Him, our direction is ever more important than our speed". That is so true. We must always be faced forward, down the narrow path back to our Father in Heaven. We must press forward feasting upon the words of Christ. Righteous living is the only way to experience real joy and happiness. 

I know the Church is true. Love you all and have a great week! 

Shout out to my bro, Jeff, who is engaged! Love you man!


Elder Witt





No comments:

Post a Comment