Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Monday, December 14, 2015

Tønsberg, Norway - 13th Week in Norway

Hey family! Hope you all are doing well. Thanks for the love and support. It was a good week and I truly learned so much.

On Tuesday, we visited --- and ---. They invited us over for lunch to say goodbye to Elder Mckell before he left for transfers. We shared with them the mormon message, "Earthly Father, Heavenly Father". Out of all the titles God could have chosen he asks us to call him Father. I love that so much. He is our Father in Heaven and he loves us. His love for us is powerful. It was a neat experience. --- is really beginning to open up and she is recognizing the spirit and its impact on her life.  After that we had two teaching appointments fall through unfortunately. Then we drove to Sandefjord to teach --- Norwegian. We shared Alma 34 and talked about Prayer. We can pray to our Father in Heaven whenever and He is always listening. After that we went to ---'s house and continued doing service for her. She is so strong and such a good example of positivity and being happy.

On Wednesday, we visited the --- in the morning and shared with them the new Christmas videos. After that we drove to the airport and said goodbye to Elder Mckell. Elder Orr and I drove back to Tønsberg.  We picked up Elder Stephens at the train station and then went out finding. 

On Thursday, we had district meeting with our new district. I love district meeting because it is always a time where you can learn a lot from other missionaries and then just enjoy the time where you can all be together.  We were able to visit a family from Iceland. They were on the member list but only one of the daughters is a member. It was a really nice visit. They came to church for the longest time. Throughout the whole visit they were sharing with us all these old stories of them and the missionaries. I think it brought back a lot of good memories to them. We will visit them again soon. 

On Friday, Elder Beck from Drammen came down to be with us while Elde Orr went up for companion exchanges. It was a good day. We had a couple appointments fall through so we spent most of our day finding and going through the member list visiting inactive members. I had a neat experience while we were out street contacting. Because contacting in a trio can be overwhelming on the street sometimes we split 2 and 1 and just make sure we are close by each other. This time I was the solo. I was able to talk to this guy and teach him a short lesson there on the street. I know that is wasn't me that was able to do that, but that the Norwegian Skills, and everything else are blessings from our Father in Heaven. 

On Saturday, We drove down to Sandefjord. We visited the --- family and had a really good visit with them. Then we visited the --- so they could meet Elder Stephens and then we visited --- to help teach her more Norwegian. After that we went through the member list and visited in actives for the remainder of our day.

On Sunday, we watched the First Presidency Christmas devotional at Church. It was great! After Church we visited --- and ---. We had really nice visit with them and She showed great interest in starting a primary at Church for her son. We watched several Christmas mormon messages with them and it was so good! The spirit was there. --- and --- are so awesome! They are really good people.

It was another great week here in Tønsberg. I love being a missionary and I love all the opportunities it gives to me to serve, to learn and to grow. 

I know that the scriptures are the word of God. I know that God has prepared a plan for us. It is a plan of happiness. It is the way to lasting happiness in this life and in the life to come. I know that central to this plan is our Savior, Jesus Christ. I want everyone to know that I believe in Christ. Only through Christ and his Atonement can we overcome the sting of death and the burden of sin. I'm grateful for the christmas season and that we can celebrate the birth of our Savior. I love the Gospel and I love my Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ.


Have a great week. Love you all!




This blog post is the end of Elder Witt's 18th Week on his mission in total.
He is starting his 19th week 

No comments:

Post a Comment