Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Sunday, June 26, 2016

June 20, 2016 - Tromsø, Norway

June 20, 2016

Hey everyone!

Thanks for Your love and support. Happy fathers day! I hope you all had a great week.

Things are progressing in Tromsø! This week the Alta elders came for splits which was a lot of fun and also a great success. They flew in on Tuesday and spent the afternoon and evening with us and then spent all day Wednesday with us. We tried to get as many appointments as possible and so we were able to get some and still have time on the streets to find. On Tuesday I was With Eldste Beck. We had several hours so we hit the streets. It was fun and we had some good success as well finding several people who could be interested.

Wednesday we had District Meeting With everyone there. It was on the Lord's Call to open Our mouths. One of the toughest things for me is bus contacting.  Talking to people on the busses because pretty much every bus you go on is silent. It is just not normal to start conversation with people you don't know. More often than not I don't end up doing it. But I do know the Lord blesses his missionaries who have their "Fishing lines in the water".  It was a good reminder and something I need to make more of my daily life. and I think the concept applies to everyone. Many of my most memorable experiences have come from bus contacting and I believe that is because it is something difficult for me. It takes me out of my Comfort zone and shows the Lord that I am willing to put his desires first and not my own. This principle can apply to everyone. Do I put the Lord first and follow his commandments or do I do that only when it is convenient? God loves us and desires for Our success. I recently listened to a talk. It was about the commandments. The speaker described the commandments as this. The "Thou shalt not" commandments are there to protect us from sorrow, misery, and danger. The "Thou shalt" commandments are there for Our happiness. They are Things that when we do them bring joy, Growth, and Learning.

On Wednesday, we also met With --- and --- again, the Family from the Netherlands. We started teaching the commandments and focused on daily prayer and scripture study. we felt that this would really build the Foundation for their faith and Conversion. They are coming to Church and Reading in the book of mormon. It's awesome!

On Thursday we met With ---. We watched a mormon Message on the Saviors atonement and it was powerful. He gave us two referrals of names to contact and told us that he is moving soon to Trondheim. I'll miss him but maybe I'll serve in Trondheim and see him there.

On Friday, we were able to meet with one of the potentials we found with the Alta Elders. His name is --- and he is form Haiti. He is a really honest and good man and I'm looking forward to future Meetings. He said he is busy with work so he never knows his Schedule. Hopefully Things work out! We also were able to skype With ---. It is always one of the Things I look forward to in the week. He bore us his powerful testimony. He lives in Gryllefjord (spelling?) which is a couple hours away and told us that he and a neighbor ask him about the Church. He have him the pamphlets and book of Mormon. Go member missionaries!!!

On Saturday, it was the midnight sun Marathon in Tromsø. There were hundreds of People in the city and a ton of tourist. It is a a huge Marathon that is run during the night. They had booths handing out free smoothies and drinks which was Nice :) That evening we met With --- and ---. --- came again With us. It was a good Meeting. We found out why they are Meeting With us. We are Meeting With them again this week focusing on the restoration.

On Sunday, we had Church and did some finding, planning, and visited ---. He is going to bring a friend to Our branch party coming up in a couple weeks. Go member missionaries!!!!

Have a great week! Love you all! the Church is true.

Elder Witt



No comments:

Post a Comment