Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Sunday, August 21, 2016

August 15, 2016 - Tromsø, Norway

Hi everybody!

Thanks for all your love and support! I will be moving to the city of Arendal! My companion's name is Elder Dial. He came out in the same group as Elder Braunberger so it will be another young missionary. I'm excited for this new opportunity and for the many experiences that will come with it. Arendal is is close to the very southern tip of Norway. 

It is sad to be leaving Tromsø but I'm also excited for the change. I've reflected again and again on the many wonderful experiences I've had here. I love the members in Tromsø.  They are an example to me of being true to the faith.  Having so few in numbers shows the dedication of those who attend so faithfully and they do it because it is true. In just this last testimony meeting, we went overtime in church because people wanted to share their testimonies. 

On Tuesday, we went street contacting, did family history work and went banking. It was a normal day of finding. On Wednesday, we did what was called "get the work done day". Sister Hill initiated an apartment deep cleaning day. Every companionship got one day in the week to deep clean the apartment from 11 am to 6 pm. We cleaned the bathroom, oven, kitchen, stove,bedroom, living room, and went through everything and organized it. By the end of the day we had a pile of just plastic bags with trash and random things to throw away. It was a big success.  I'll send some pictures :) After the cleaning we went to the church because -- was having her baptismal interview. Everything went well there.

On Thursday, it was a beautiful day and the people were friendly! We went contacting and had good success. Able to give out a Book of Mormon and talk to a lot of really awesome people. We also had district meeting and did weekly planning and visited Lill's for dinner.

On Friday, we had a branch party. It was at a park and we grilled hamburgers, played volleyball and other games. It was a ton of fun and a huge success. --, -- and their daughter came and had a really good time.

Saturday was -- baptism! It was a very special experience. We had the service at a nearby swimming pool and auditorium. We had a small meeting in the auditorium before hand, and -- sister gave a talk on baptism and Sister Olsen gave a talk on The Holy Ghost. Then we walked to the pool and had the baptism ordinance. --  asked me to baptize her and I'm grateful I was able to be a part of the experience. She was just glowing the whole day.

On Sunday, at church I gave a talk as sort of a farewell to the branch. I based my talk off the one I gave at my missionary farewell. I translated it into Norwegian. -- also was confirmed a member of the church and received the holy ghost. Her brother in law, Arnt, performed the ordinance and it was his first time giving a blessing. He did a great job. It was a great day!

I would just like to close with my testimony that I know the Book of Mormon to be true. It is God's word. The same church which Jesus Christ established has been restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that Christ leads his church today through living prophets and apostles. As we stand with the leaders of the church we will never fall away. and we will receive the needed direction in our lives to help us avoid the dangers of the world. We can rely on the Lord's promised blessings. I'm excited for general conference that will be happening in a couple months. I know the church is true. I love you all and I love being a missionary. 

Have a fantastic week!

Love Elder Witt


Hello again!

I can't believe I forgot to tell this story. So yesterday, we got on the bus and this man says "high-five elder" and it turned out to be some members from Seattle. It was a young married couple. We talked to them for a bit and they asked us if we had book of mormons in english on us and unfortunately we didn't but they were heading into the city and so were we so it would be really easy for us to grab one. So we grab a english book of mormon and a dutch one for them. It turns out this couple has befriended another couple from the Netherlands on their cruise ship. When they dock at a city they share a car together. And the members wanted to give them a book of mormon but forgot to bring one. It was so neat and awesome that we met and were able to give them the supplies they needed to share the gospel. It was a miracle. 

Love you all! The church is true!

Elder Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment