Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Friday, July 8, 2016

July 4, 2016 - Tromsø, Norway

Hey Family!

Life is so good!!! Transfers are this week and I found out that I will be staying in Trosmø With Elder Braunberger. I love Tromsø and am excited for the work we can do these NEXT 6 weeks! There is a lot of potential and we are both ready to unlock it!

This past week was really busy.

On Tuesday we taught -- and -- again. It was sooo good! They are the best. They are keeping the Word of wisdom and Reading in the Book of Mormon and coming to Church! For Our lesson we had 3 focuses, the sacrament, the atonement and then fasting. We realized the upcoming Sunday was fast Sunday and it worked out perfectly to invite them to fast With us. After the lesson they were showing us a Fish tank they got and on the wall was a Picture of Joseph Smiths first vision. We had a good laugh about that With them, and -- told us that he really likes Joseph Smith and has watched the Joseph smith Movie again since we last watched it With them. Anyways, they are a joy. I'm so Grateful for this opportunity I have to be here and watch the gospel change them. Their story is one that will be apart of me for the rest of my life.

On Wednesday, we flew down to Oslo again. This time it was for interim training. President hill recently started having New missionaries and their trainers come back to Oslo for training at the end of their first 6 weeks. I think it is a wonderful idea. We arrived in Oslo Wednesday night and had training on Thursday and Friday and flew back Friday afternoon. The training covered all the basics helped us develop more skills. We talked about planning, finding, studying, working With members, what it means to be a successful missionary and many other topics. We had really good discussions and it was an uplifting experience for everyone. I was able to learn a lot of things. We were talking about the Gift of tongues and there is a quote that really stood out to me.

"The gift of tongues is not just about Learning a Language, it is a Journey of loving the People"

That is what it is all about! . As I approach my year mark it has caused me to reflect a lot on my first year as a missionary. It is also very humbling. I'm Grateful that I was able to be apart of this interim training especially at this time in my mission. I feel that it gave me instruction I need to make the most of the NeXT year and i couldn't be more excited.

I'm Grateful for a loving and forgiving Father in Heaven. While we were there are the conference one of the sister missionaries who is about to go home said something that I really liked. She shared the story of a missionary who had a lot of success on his mission. He said there were two Things he focused on. They are to help others know and feel 2 Things.

First, That god loves them, knows the and cares about them.
Second, that God needs them in His Church.

That is a powerful Message to everyone. Everyone is important in the eyes of Our father in Heaven. He needs YOU. We can all be Heaven's instruments we just have to be willing to act and trust in the Promptings of the Holy Ghost.

Later on Friday, we had a branch party. It was at a park and we played volleyball, frisbee, and had Food. It was a lot of fun. -- and -- came With their daughter (she is 7). And -- and -- came too and same With --. We weren't able to be with -- and -- this week but we will this coming week. We met With Alexander and made  lesson plan with him.

Elder Braunberger and I are really excited for this upcoming transfer. To begin applying all the Things we have learned the last 2 weeks, from the kearon Conference and from the interim training.

I know the Church is true! Love you all. Have a great 4th of july!

Eldste Witt


No comments:

Post a Comment