Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

April 17 - Sandvika

Happy Easter everyone! 

Thanks for your continual love and support! I'm so grateful for this easter season and for the opportunity I have to be a missionary. It is an experience I will always be grateful for. We found out about transfers this morning and I will be moving to Sandvika. It is on the western side of Oslo, so a 30 minute train ride from lillestrøm. So not a long move. My companion will be Elder Briggs. I think he got to the land last fall or summer so he hasn't been out too long but he is a stud and a great guy and I'm looking forward to serving with him. Sandvika is where the mission home is and where the senior office couple live. There is a ward in Sandvika. I'm excited :)

It was a good last week in Romerike. On Pday, after we finished emailing we met with a former investigator from the Area Book. It went pretty good and they will be meeting with him again soon. Also, monday evening we visited an older lady in the ward who asked us if we could do some service and have dinner. That was fun.

Tuesday was a solid day. We had a lesson with --. Our ward mission leader came along. We watched President Monson's last talk on the book of mormon with her. She had really good questions. She is still solid and positve to our message and finding out if it is true. I think it will just take some time to get there.  From what I've experienced it is helpful to have members on teaches. If you are looking to be more involved I would suggest getting to know the missionaries in where you live and offer your time! 

Another highlight of the week was definitely easter sunday and church. We had 3 visitors who weren't members in our gospel principles class. And they all participated with questions. It was a way good experience. Another thing that was good is that Elder Richardson and I have decided to start attending Youngmens class. We want to focus on the youth and YSA and get to know them more and be more invovled. It felt right and good to be there. 

I also had a neat and special experience in Sacrament meeting. We had our district meeting this week on loving the people and charity. I was sitting in the back in sacrament meeting so I looked around at each member present. I looked at them and thought about them and I saw a group of faithful saints who love god and follow him. I thought of the scripture in D&C 84: 20 "Therefore, in the ordinances thereof, the power of godliness is manifest." That scripture has always stood out to me. It teaches us the importance of ordinances and convenants that invite power into our lives. It teaches us about the priesthood and priesthood authority. And this sunday it took on a new meaning for me during the ordinance of the sacrament. As I looked around the congregation as the sacrament was passed out, I saw power. The power of faith, the power of healing covenants and renewing covenants. I felt the power of God manifest in the lives of everyday people doing their best and worshiping our lord on his holy day. In a growing secular society, the common person wouldn't be at church on sunday, but our faith makes us do things we wouldn't do otherwise. And our faith in Christ and his atoning sacrafice gives us power. 

Love you all! Have a good week!

Elder Witt 

No comments:

Post a Comment