Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Thursday, July 13, 2017

July 3 - Sandvika

Hey everyone!
Happy 4th of July tomorrow! Thanks for your love and support. The weather has been hot and sunny! 

It was a good week to be a missionary. Not too many new things happened in our area but we were finally able to get in contact with the woman who we knocked on her door, (the wallet experience) We had written down the wrong telephone number but we finally fixed that. We will be meeting with her this coming week and we are excited about that! 
-- got really busy with work this week and had to cancel several different appointments and -- and -- were on vacation. 

We also were able to visit some members and do some hometeaching. One older member who lives farther away invited us and the sisters over for dinner. She is a great example and wants to find a T-shirt, that says "I'm a Mormon"  
On Saturday, we had a fun time playing sport with some members from the ward. Afterwards we helped a famliy from Romerike ward move in to the Sandvika ward. It was fun to see them again. When I was in Romerike, I remember them telling us they were moving and it is funny to be on the other side now to welcome them in. 

This coming week is going to be busy busy. The members are about to head out to sweden for a temple trip as a ward and so they all wanted to invite us over for dinner this week haha. :) We also got some new potential this week so we are optimistic.

As I'm nearing the end of my mission, I've been thinking about the lessons and blessings I have learned and experienced for the past 2 years. I know there are certain blessings, opportunities, and challenges that were meant for me to experience. 
The opportunity I have had to serve a mission is one of the greatest blessings I have experienced. I know with certainty that God lives, that he is good, that he loves us. 
My thought for this week is around the story of the Savior feeding the 5000. 

https://www.lds.org/bible-videos/videos/the-feeding-of-the-5000?lang=eng 
I invite you to watch it and pay attention to the Savior's attitude, behavior and every thing he does. He is calm, patient, compassionate, and with perfect faith. A faith that casts out doubt and fear. As we give our 100%. Give our whole 5 loves and 2 fishes. God's miracles can happen today in your life and the lives around you.
I love ya all!
PS. My mission president shared with us a link to a recent story that Elder Holland gave to  new mission presidents at MTC. It is amazing. You should read it

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865683974/The-divine-companionship-includes-the-Holy-Ghost-in-missionary-work-Elder-Holland-says.html

No comments:

Post a Comment