Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Oslo Norway Mission, Called to Serve

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Tønsberg, Norway Transfer to Tromsø! - 24th Week in Norway

Hey Family! 

Hope you are all doing well! thanks for your love and support. I've got some exciting news. I'm moving to Tromsø, land of the midnight sun! My new companion is Elder Osguthorpe. He is from my MTC group and I'm really looking forward to serving with him. I take an airplane Wednesday morning from Sandefjord to Tromsø. It is like 3 and a half hours long. It will be an exciting new adventure.

I will miss Tønsbergs though. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to serve in Tønsberg. The members here are great, the area is beautiful and there is a lot of potential for growth here. I know that Jesus Christ leads his church and it will continue to go forth, grow, and spread across the world.

We also don't have a ton of time to email today. The computer lab at the library is closed so there are a limited number of computers. I will just share some of the highlights of the week.

We had our Norwegian class again. 3 people came this time. The polish woman that came last time invited her friend! Now we have a man from england and two from poland. They are way cool and very appreciative. Also, the guy from poland keeps asking us questions about our church so there is potential there. Hopefully the class will continue to grow.

This week we visited --- and --- again. They both are struggling with some health challenges. I was impressed by --- calm, but firm faith that all would work out. That is what faith does. It gives us hope in the Atonement of Christ. Because of Christ, Death has no victory. Because of Christ we can overcome the challenges life throws at us. We can find the true peace and joy that only comes from living the gospel. We must look to Christ because he is the source of hope.  

We spent a lot of time this week finding.We knocked on hundreds of doors, and spent hours on the street, and met one guy named ---. We showed him the book of mormon and he was interested. We were able to get an appointment and give him one in Swahili. We've got planned to meet with him again this coming saturday so I hope something can happen there. I have come to find that even though many people reject us there is always joy to be found in doing the Lord's work. As long as we do our part, and do our best, the Lord will take care of the rest. 

I found out that I was leaving Tønsberg on Tuesday, so I was able to get some last visits in with members before I leave. It was nice. Lastly, on Sunday I spoke in Church. It was a neat experience to be able to speak on my last Sunday in the branch. I spoke about hope. What is hope? How do we obtain hope? and why is hope important? 

Here is my thought for the week. I read an article in the February 2016 Liahona that stood out to me. It is titled, "raise worthy sons". A single mom was worried if she could provide financially for her children to serve full-time missions. She prayed many days and struggled many days with this concern. Finally, an answer came to her. "Raise worthy sons. Money is easy to find. Worthy sons are not." This answer to her prayer had an affect on her. She changed her focus to what matters most and that is, doing her best to raise righteous sons. Having the money to pay and support her family is important but it started to detract from her responsibility of her families spiritual well being. As she put her trust in the Lord, the Lord provided for her. She had enough money to provide for all 4 of her children to serve missions. I know that as each of us turn to the Lord, he will lead us to what is truly best for us. I know that God lives. he is our father in Heaven. Jesus is the Christ. He lives and loves us. 

Have a fabulous week!!! Love ya!


Elder Witt


Here is a reference point of where Elder Witt is now!


No comments:

Post a Comment